CSEC’s expertise covers the spectrum of developing and administering clinical skills examinations, allowing us to provide exactly what you need, when you need it. CSEC services include end-to-end development of standardized performance testing of clinical skills. Along this spectrum are countless aspects of test development and administration that present challenges to those involved in implementing a clinical skills exam. To help your organization address these challenges, CSEC also creates workshops, scaled and customized precisely to meet the needs of your faculty, on a wide variety of such topics. For more information on how we can customize our workshops to your specifications, see Consulting & Faculty Development.
CSEC’s areas of expertise include:
- Testing all aspects of the clinical encounter, including communication and interpersonal skills, patient examination, spoken English proficiency, and clinical reasoning
- Developing standardized patient (SP)-based clinical skills examinations
- Administering SP-based clinical skills examinations
- Clinical skills test center design and operation
- Recruitment and training of SPs
- Training of raters for the post-encounter exercise
- Quality assurance of examinations
- Scoring and standard setting
- Security of test materials
- Examinee scheduling
- Provision of test accommodations
Contact us today to begin a discussion of how CSEC can meet your institution’s needs.